In It’s a Wonderful World, you are an expanding Empire and must choose your path to your future. You must develop faster and better than your competitors. You’ll carefully plan your expansion to develop your production power and rule over this new world.
It’s a Wonderful World is a cards drafting and engine building game from 1 to 5 players. Each round, players will draft 7 cards and then choose which ones will be recycled to immediately acquire Resources, and which ones will be kept for construction to produce Resources each round and/or gain victory points.
When a card is fully built, it’s added to the player’s Empire to increase the player’s production capacity for each round.
The crowdfunding campaing will start on the 14th of May 2019 and will close on the 30th of May 2019. The game will be available in 2 versions :
- Classic. This will include the base game and all unlocked Stretch Goals.
- Collector. This will include the base game and all unlocked Stretch Goals, as well as 2 Semi-Legacy campaigns : “War and Peace” (Benoit Bannier and Frédéric Guérard), “Show must go on !” (Benoit Bannier and Frédéric Guérard).
How to play ?
On each of the 4 rounds you will draft 7 cards to develop your Empire. Once you have your full hand of 7 cards, you decide which ones to trash for an immediate resource gain and which ones to place in your construction area. The cards you build will improve the production engine of your Empire and will grant you victory points at the end of the game.
At the end of the 4th round, the player with the most victory points wins the game.
For a deeper insight of the gameplay, please follow this link : https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2179801/its-wonderful-world-first-steps
Each Campaign offers a storyline to follow and many gameplay twists. At the end of each campaign, players will unlock new cards to enhance their base game and keep a memory of what happened during the campaign. All the campaigns can be replayed and don’t imply game components destruction.
- From 1 to 5 players
- 14 years old and more
- Around 45 minutes
- Designer : Frédéric Guérard
- Illustrator : Anthony Wolff
- Publishers : La boite de jeu and Origames
- Distributor : Blackrock
- Availability : January 2020
- MSRP (base game) : 39,90€